Every so often I run into the issue/annoyance that osx has left a lot of hidden files on my thumb drive. I have run into a few issues with these files for example when trying to play music directly off the drive though a car audio system. Here is a great little bash script to help remove them all.
A little while ago a friend of mine had asked me to help him out with an idea for a new work flow he was testing. He was looking to be able to work his photoshop/illustrator magic and export everything as a .gif file.
Recently the team I have been working with is starting to expand, and as this happens I have found my self introducing more and more people to the wonderful world of git. In order to try and ease the pain while people are getting used to a new version control system to help with creating new repositories on our server.
There have been a few times where I have had the need to remove all of the .svn folders from a specific problem. Rather then enabling hidden files and going through the directory folder by folder, I have found a simple command that can be run though terminal that takes care of the job rather quickly.
This is a tutorial for people looking to extend the HYPE Framework beyond its current set of abilities. In this tutorial you will learn how to make your own “layout class” by extending and implementing existing elements of the hype framework. The layout class you will be constructing will be used to place display objects on the stage, in a circular layout based on a given radius.
Over the past few weeks my interest in Adobes Lab project Alchemy has been growing and growing. The main spark was set after playing around a little bit with the FLARToolkit alchemy branch and noticing much faster results. I had to figure out why it worked so much quicker and what made it tick.
If you have been working on a specific computer for a while, and need the files in another location it can be a bit of a pain at times to make sure that everything is transferred properly. This Friday when I got home after purchasing the OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard upgrade I had a chance to implement some file syncing between my MacBookPro and iMac.
For the past few weeks I have been working on a FLARToolkit project in the office for one of our clients. While working with augmented reality in flash up to this point has been great, I have always felt that there was a bit of speed hit involved with the actual image processing to locate the marker.
A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending a course at the Anderson Ranch Art’s Center in Snowmass Colorado. The course I was there too take was named Dynamic Abstraction and the teacher was Josuha Davis. While there we played around, building a lot of as3 classes with the goal of using them together with flash to create a printed piece of artwork at the end of the week.
I have been playing around with the FLARToolkit for a week or so now trying to figure out the best settings and detection methods to work with a few .DAE models (you can see my first FLAR experiment a few post back). While I have been picking through the soucre code the FLARMultipleMarkerDetector class kept catching my eye.
There have been a few projects in the past year or so that I have worked on where there has been the need to pull in a feed of information from Flickr to be used. Each time I would begin the process by looking back at a previous project and copying over a bunch of code into the document class of what I was working on.
I’ve been working on another little experiment with FLARToolkit/Papervision, but this time the model being used contains animations embedded with in the .DAE file. My first thoughts were to go directly for the yourdae.play(); method and this would have worked if my model only had a single animation, but it was rigged with several so it turned out to be a mess.
Looking around the net lately, I had been seeing quite a few examples of something new being done with flash. Augmented Reality. It turns out that saqoosha had ported over a version of NyARToolkit from the java framework to work with as3.